Main Engine Safety Trips :
Main engine safety trip which trips the main engine when no corrective action is taken to the alarm and in certain cases the main engine is triped manual .
Manual tripping of main engine is done in chance of the collosion or grounding of the ship when sailing in conjusted water and in navigation of the ship in restricted visibility .
So when any main engine trips are activated the Main engine stops and again it should be started with the help of starting air after correcting the faults .
SOME OF THE MAIN ENGINE TRIPS ARE :
1. Over Speed Trip
2. Low Lube oil pressure Trip
3. Cam shaft Lube oil low pressure Trip
4. Jacket cooling water low pressure Trip
5. Piston cooling water low pressure Trip
6. Thrust Bearing High pressure Trip
7. Main Bearing high pressure and temperature Trip.
8. Oil Mist Detector
9. Spring air pressure Low Trip
10. Emergency Manual Trip.