Motor oral KUNDRA
- M.E Lubrication system drawing showing how bearings are lubricated.
- The above sketch shows the method of conveying L.O to M/E con-rod top end, Bottom end & main bearings.
- The Main L.O.P/p draws oil from the Sump and discharges via filters & coolers to the two manifold pipes.
- From, the lower manifold pipe, connections are taken to deliver oil to each main bearing upper half, thrust block, chain drive.
- From the upper manifold pipe, oil is supplied to each X-head via a telescopic pipe arrangement.
- The oil entering the X-head is branched off in several directions to supply L.O to the X-Head or top-end bearing upper half.
- Explain starting system of Aux Engine.
- Advantages of Hydraulically operated exhaust valve.
- Smooth Operation
- Equal wear in each area of exhaust v/v.
- in hydraulically operated ex v/v only axial force acts on v/v spindle so wear down of v/v guide bush reduces.
- Piston rod stuffing box purpose.
It acts as a gland between the Scavenge space & Crankcase so as no object or L.O gets intermixed.
- Securities for crankcase explosion.
- Oil Mist Detector Alarm.
- Crankcase Relief door
- Crankcase Breather
- Bearing Oil temperature alarm.
- What to do if Oil Mist detector alarm initiated.
- Accept the alarm.
- Slow down the engine.
- Inform Bridge & C/E.
- Press Engineers alarm.
- Check whether the alarm is true or not, by resetting. If alarm comes again, that confirms its surety.
- Start the stand by L.O P/p i.e increase lubrication.
- Stop the engine as you get permission from bridge.
- Open indicator cock.
- Engage turning gear & turn the engine using turning gear, so as to avoid stucking of piston.
- Let the L.O. P/p running.
- Get the fire extinguishers ready.
- Make sure no one is standing behind the c/case relief door.
- Wait, until the alarm goes off.
- Stop the L.O. P/p.
- By hand feel, whether C/case has cooled down.
- Now, open the C/case door taking door as a shield.
- Ventilate the C/case using blower.
- Go inside the C/case, make sure no naked lamp taken inside, boiler suit free of dust & oil, no object in the pocket.
- Check where the hot spot occurred.
- Repair that part.
- Now, start the L.O P/p and check flow of oil to all parts.
- What to do in case of scavenge fire?
- Accept the alarm.
- Inform Bridge & Chief Engineers.
- Press Engineer’s alarm
- Slow down the engine.
- Increase the Cyl. Oil Lubrication.
- Wait for the exhaust temperature to comedown.
- If exhaust temperature not coming down, then take permission from bridge to stop the engine.
- Open indicator cock and engage the turning gear, to piston getting jammed.
- Now, use the fixed fire system attached for fighting fire in Scavenge space.
- Bearing clearances of Main Engine- how to check?
- Method 1.
- i. After removing the bearing top cover and shell, a special ‘Bridge gauge’ is placed.
- ii. The clearance is taken by placing a feeler gauge between the bridge gauge & the journal.
- Safety devices on Main Engine?
- Cylinder relief valve.
- Crankcase relief valve.
- Scavenge space relief v/v.
- Fuel p/p relief v/v.
- Starting air relief v/v.
- Turning gear interlock.
- Automatic shutdown of engine due to low L.O. Pressure.
- Automatic shutdown of engine due to High/low temp. in various system.
- Shutdown of engine from the bridge should the communication with E/room fail.
- Overspeed Trip
- Oil Mist Detector
- Crankcase breather
- Bearing oil high temp. alarm.
- Scavenge space high temp. alarm
- Automatic Starting Air V/v.
- Blower interlock.
- Flame arrester.
- Bursting disc.
10. Safety in boiler gauge glass.
Non-return ball cock is provided at the water side of gauge glass.
11. How to blow through boiler gauge glass.
12. Reasons for Boiler Blow back and what to do in case of boiler blow back.
13. Setting of safety valve. What provision on safety valve to avoid tempering of setting?
14. Accumulation of pressure test on boiler why and how done.
15. How to blow down boiler.
16. Why boiler not blown down to bilges.
17. What tests carried out on Boiler water? Normal values?
18. Oil returning with condensate. Indications? What to do?
19. What to do if oil goes to boiler?
20. Explain the refrigeration system? How does it maintain different temps in different rooms automatically?
21. Cut outs of fridge compressor.
22. Reasons for HP cut out.
23. What will happen if you start fridge comp with discharge v/v shut?
- The relief valve attached in the discharge side of compressor will lift & the refrigerant will re-circulate to the suction side.
24. What is short cycling? Causes?
25. How to check Bumping clearance of air compressor and adjust.
26. Safeties on an air compressor.
27. What is provided to save water side?
28. Characteristics of a centrifugal p/p
29. Why centrifugal p/p does not have relief valve.
30. How to select gravity disc of purifier if do not have chart
31. What are specifications of Boiler/generator and Main engine on your ship.
32. Causes of turbocharger surging? What to do?
33. Lift of fuel valve.
34. Purpose of hunting gear.
35. Why to blow down boiler?
36. What will you for uptake fire?
37. Contents of Boiler flue gas
38. Safematic design in steering
39. Difference between two and four stroke Engines
40. Effect of Moisture and Air in refrigeration system
41. Desirable properties of refrigeration oil.
42. Difference between Mineral and Synthetic oils
43. What is volumetric efficiency of Compressor?
44. How you determine Engine power.
45. Draw cards for early and late injection
46. What will happen if ref compressor is undercharged or Overcharged?
47. In an air compressor what will happen if the Suction valves leaky or discharge valves leaky?
48. What is setting of Boiler safety valve?
49. How you test boiler alarms and trips?
50. How is pressure testing of Boiler done?
51. What is difference between pressure gauges of air compressor and fridge compressor?
52. Is there difference between Lube oil pressure of Fridge compressor and air compressor?
53. Safety device on Fridge compressor.
54. What is function of TEV in fridge compressor?
55. Procedure for collection of Lube oil sampling?
56. Why intercoolers/after coolers used on air compressor?
57. Why use multistage compressors?
58. Working of oil mist detector?
59. 2 stroke and 4 stroke timing diagram?
60. Why two springs in aux engine inlet exhaust valves?
61. Why do you blow through engine before start?
62. What is difference between aux engine and main Engine Governors?
63. What was specific fuel consumption of your last ship?
64. How will you know without opening anything that it is two stroke or 4 stroke Engine?
65. Why LO of different TBN used For ME Cylinder oil and crankcase oil?
66. How to calibrate Oxygen Analyzer?
67. Parts of Cross Head?
68. How lubrication is achieved in cross-head?
69. Power calculation for Main Engine?
- Draw PV Curve for Otto cycle, Diesel cycle, Carnot Cycle?
72. How to calculate intermediate stage pressure in multi stage compressor?
73. Where piston palm will be connected?
74. Material of fusible plug?
75.Clearences in cross head n their values
76.Types of threads
77.Types of taps and dyes.
78. What are the differences between INDICATED PRESSURE, MAX. PRESSURE, MEAN EFF. PRESSURE.
HOW THEY CAN BE FOUND?
79. WHY WE DONT TAKE INDICATOR DIAGRAMS FOR 4 STROKE ENGINES?
80. When we take sounding of a tank, its volume is calculated by its manual so my question is what is the name of this manual? if it has name?
81. What is the use of Flux in welding electrode?
82. Why belt is used to drive refrigeration compressor by motor? Why coupling is not used?
83. What is the function of wear ring?
84. Why friction clutch used in purifier?
85. Why boiler water tests are carried out?
86. Safety devices in the air starting line from air bottle to main engine?
87. How to gauge condition/efficiency of Cyl. Lubrication?
88. Various fittings of boiler?